If you have an @optionsdsl.ca email address provided by OptionsDSL, we will be making a change to your email service. Effective Tuesday, April 27, 2021 at 9:00 PM EDT, the access to your @optionsdsl.ca email account(s) will be ending.
But don’t worry! We have a process in place for the transfer of your current email service to Xplornet’s email service. This process will ensure you are able continue to send and receive email messages with no interruptions, and you won’t lose any stored messages. In addition, after your email service has been moved to Xplornet on April 27, 2021, OptionsDSL Inc. will forward any content received on your @optionsdsl.ca email account to your new Xplornet email address for 1 year.
Our Xplornet Customer Care team will be available to support you during this period to ensure the transition is a simple and seamless process.
Why we’re making this change.
OptionsDSL owns the @optionsdsl.ca email domain and server, and they will retain it for their own use after April 27, 2021. As a result, we will be transitioning you to Xplornet’s email domain and server.
How do I access my OptionsDSL email?
You can continue to access your @optionsdsl.ca email address through the OptionsDSL webmail login page until it is transitioned to Xplornet on April 27, 2021.
What does this mean for you?
- You may continue using your existing @optionsdsl.ca email address as normal until 9:00 PM EDT on April 27, 2021. There is no action required on your part at this time.
- We have reserved an Xplornet email address for you. You will be able to use your existing email password for your new Xplornet email account.
- You can start using your new Xplornet email address now to update contacts and any subscriptions with your new email. Any emails received on your Xplornet email account will automatically be forwarded to your existing @optionsdsl.ca email address until this service is moved to Xplornet on April 27, 2021.
- Any messages that are currently stored in your @optionsdsl.ca mailbox as of April 27, 2021 as well as your webmail contacts, will automatically be moved to your new Xplornet mailbox.
- After your email service has been moved to Xplornet on April 27, 2021, OptionsDSL Inc. will forward any content received on your @optionsdsl.ca email account to your new Xplornet email address for 1 year.
- After one year (around April 27, 2022), your @optionsdsl.ca email address will no longer be in service. Emails sent to the @optionsdsl.ca address will no longer be forwarded to your Xplornet email address.
Xplornet’s email service will provide you with many great features, including:
- A reliable, stable and secure email service that Xplornet has been operating for over a decade
- A large mailbox: enjoy much flexibility with 10 GB of storage
- A new Webmail interface with:
- Contacts and a calendar that can be synced to a mobile device (iOS and Android)
- The ability to change your own password and set email Password Recovery options
- The ability to set and manage forwarding to another address
- The ability to set and configure an out-of-office auto response
- Cloud storage for files: A simple way to manage your files and have access to them anywhere. You can even share your files stored in webmail via links.
- Spam options that include a blocked and safe senders list
- RSS feed: Keep up-to-date on topics that interest you with a Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feed right in your Webmail
- Your Xplornet email service is fully supported and our Customer Care agents are available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What will happen on the day of the email service transition?
- Freeze Period: Any changes you make to your webmail data and settings (specifically your address book contacts and signature) on April 26th and 27th will not be moved to your new Xplornet account. We recommend making any updates to this data and these settings either prior to April 26th or after April 27th (in the new webmail interface).
- Maintenance Window: Between 9pm EDT on April 27th and 7am EDT on April 28th, your old email service availability will end, and your new email service may be unavailable while we complete the transition.
After 7am ET on April 28th, you will be able to log in and view any emails that were delivered during the maintenance window. Previously viewed messages and other saved emails or folders, plus webmail contacts and signatures, will not be lost; however, they may take up to 72 hours to appear in your new mailbox. You will be able to use the new webmail interface to make changes to your webmail data and settings. This new webmail login page is here.
Will my email address change?
Yes. Your existing @optionsdsl.ca email address will be replaced with a new Xplornet email address on April 27, 2021. Your new Xplornet email address was sent to you at your current @optionsdsl.ca email address. If you did not receive your new Xplornet email address, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001.
What email addresses are impacted?
Your email address(es) that end in @optionsdsl.ca are impacted by this transition.
Will I need to change my email password or will I receive a new one?
No, your email password will not change. You can continue to use your current @optionsdsl.ca email password with your new Xplornet email address after the transition. If you need it reset, please contact us.
Will I need to do anything prior to or after the upgrade?
If you use webmail in a browser, you will need to use the Xplornet webmail interface and link for your new email address after April 27th. You will be able to access your webmail here, and learn more about the new webmail interface here.
If you use a third party email program or app on your computer, tablet or phone, such as Outlook, Thunderbird or the default Mail app, then you will need to setup your new Xplornet email address using IMAP (POP is not recommended) after April 27, 2021. Email set-up guides for many popular email clients can be found here, as well as a link to the server settings if your email client is not listed there. You will then use this new Xplornet email address for sending and receiving, as you will no longer have access to your @optionsdsl.ca email account at that point.
You will also want to check to ensure that all your desired messages were moved to your new Xplornet account. Some messages may be stored in your email client only (especially if it connects to your @optionsdsl.ca mailbox using POP) and weren’t on the OptionsDSL email server for us to copy over. If you find messages in your email client for your @optionsdsl.ca account that aren’t in your new Xplornet account, and you wish to keep them in your Xplornet account, here’s what you can do:
- Add your new Xplornet email address in your email client or app. Email set-up guides can be found here for many popular clients, as well as a link to the server settings if your client is not listed there.
- Copy or move any missed messages and/or folders that you wish to keep from your @optionsdsl.ca account to your new Xplornet account. Here are instructions to do this for some popular email clients:
Will I be able to log into webmail the same way I do today?
No, there will be a new webmail interface and link. You will be able to access your webmail here, and learn more about the new webmail interface here. Please continue to check your OptionsDSL mail as normal here up until April 27, 2021.
Will I lose any of the information from my webmail?
The following features and webmail items will be saved and transferred to your new Xplornet email account:
- Mailbox content (messages and folders)
- Webmail Address book contacts
- Webmail Signature
The following features and webmail items will not be transferred to your new email service.
- Webmail Calendar Events
- Webmail Message Filters
- Webmail Spam Filters
Some features and webmail items may not be transferred to our new email service. If you do not see a feature listed above, it may not be transferred over. Some folders may be arranged slightly differently than before, but all of the folders can still be found in your new webmail.
POP3: Why are all my old email messages loading in again?
After April 27, 2021, if you are seeing some or all of your old email messages that you had previously deleted loading in again, it is because they were present on the OptionsDSL email/webmail server. It is possible that your email client connected via POP and was set to leave a copy on the server. We recommend allowing time for these emails to load, or alternatively, you can close out of your third party email program and log into your new webmail service to delete the emails there first. Once deleted from the webmail server, they should not load into your third party device any longer.
I am paying for additional email addresses. Will there be a change in the cost?
No, there will be no change to the cost of additional email addresses.
Do you have any other questions about the email service transition?
We’re always here to help. Please email us at email@example.com or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001.