What is a Transfer of Ownership?
A Transfer of Ownership is a process Xplornet offers which allows a new or existing customer to take over an existing customer’s account ‘as is,’ (exceptions listed below).
The Existing Account Holder must:
- Be up to date in payments
- Have Xplornet service installed for more than 30 days
- Have an active service (not suspended or cancelled)
The Existing Account Holder cannot be:
- On a service from an acquired company
- A parent profile with linked child accounts
Existing Account Holder – Things to Know:
- The new account holder must take over the service as is.
- Ensure that the prospective account holder has a piece of information to locate/verify the existing account when they contact Xplornet (account number or phone number is best).
- The prospective account holder will be provided your package details, such as speed, usage allowance and contract length (if applicable).
- Xplornet Home Phone and Xplornet Wireless Router cannot be transferred.
- There is a 30 day window for the prospective account holder to complete the Transfer of Ownership, otherwise the request expires and the existing account holder will have to file a new request and start the Transfer of Ownership process over again.
- It is the existing account holder’s responsibility to ensure the prospective account holder contacts Xplornet to process their portion of the Transfer of Ownership.
- If the prospective account holder does not call to process the Transfer of Ownership, the service will continue as is and Xplornet does not contact the existing or prospective account holder.
- Once the prospective account holder has accepted the Transfer of Ownership a new account is opened to ensure there is no breech in privacy for the existing account holder.
- If the prospective account holder does not accept the Terms and Conditions of the Xplornet Activation process within 30 days of the account being transferred, the account is cancelled and responsibility returns to the existing/old account holder. The existing/old account holder can be billed an Early Cancellation Fee (if applicable) and they are responsible for the hardware and recovery (if applicable).
Prospective/New Account Holder – Things to Know:
- The new account holder will have to be able to provide a piece of information to identify the existing account holder’s account. Account number or phone number is recommended along with knowing the existing account holder’s name.
- The new account holder will be provided the existing account holder’s package speeds and usage allowance, package pricing, contract term (if applicable), emails approved to be transferred over and the option to continue Xplornet Xtra Care if the existing account holder is subscribed to it.
NOTE: Home Phone cannot be transferred, and any discounts provided to the existing account holder will not be applied to the new account holder’s account.
- The old account holder’s account will be closed and a new account is opened to ensure there is no breech in privacy.
- Once a new account is opened, the new account holder will receive an email to the email address provided to complete the Xplornet Activation Process.
- The Xplornet Activation Process is for the new account holder to confirm contact information and account details, review and accept Xplornet’s Terms and Conditions and set up a method of payment (pre-authorized debit or credit).
- If the Terms and Conditions are not accepted during the Xplornet Activation process, within 30 days of the account being transferred the account is cancelled and responsibility of the service returns to the preceding account holder. The preceding account holder can be billed an Early Cancellation Fee (if applicable) and responsible for the hardware and recovery (if applicable).
- No account changes can be made until the Xplornet Activation Process has been completed.