What is the Temporary Suspend Program?
The Temporary Suspend Program gives a customer the option to suspend their services for any reason, once every 12 months for up to a maximum of 6 months. It is primarily used by seasonal customers who use their services for only a portion of a calendar year.
- Account must be up to date in payments.
- Have no previous Temporary Service Suspensions over the last 12 month period.
- Be on an Xplornet service, or qualified platform.
How it works:
- A Temporary Service Suspension can be set up by logging in to MyXplornet, or by contacting Customer Service at 1-866-841-6001.
- A Temporary Service Suspension can be set up once every 12 months for a maximum of 6 months.
- Services will automatically be unsuspended on the chosen unsuspend date. For example: If the chosen date of suspension is September 1, 2017, services can be suspended until March 1, 2018 and another Temporary Service Suspension cannot be scheduled until September 1, 2018.
- Date of suspend/unsuspend can be changed or cancelled as long as the request is made 24hrs prior to the suspend/unsuspend date.
- While suspended, a monthly hardware rental and/or seasonal charge may apply to applicable services.
- Once a Temporary Service Suspension is set up, an email confirmation is sent to the email address on file confirming policies, applicable fees and dates. If any changes are made to the dates of the Temporary Suspension, another email is sent confirming changes made.
- While a Temporary Service Suspension is in place, only Xplornet websites are accessible – Xplornet.com, MyXplornet and Xplornet Webmail. The following page will display when attempting to access non-Xplornet websites.