If you have an @myipplus.net email address, we have modified your email service. Effective June 20, 2019 at 6:00 AM MST, access to your old @myipplus.net email account(s) ended.
While this may raise concerns about the status of your email, we want to ensure you that there is no need for distress. Our team has put measures in place to modify your @myipplus.net email to an Xplornet email domain. This move to a new email domain is quick and seamless allowing you, our valued customer, to continue to send and receive emails during the transition to our services. All data will be transferred over protecting all your saved and stored inbox messages and contacts.
As you make the progression to a new email domain and platform, our Customer Care is at the ready to assist you however they can to assure that the conversion to Xplornet is a smooth and straightforward procedure. Feel free to contact a representative any time at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001. Below we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help solve common quiries.
Why we have made the switch:
When we acquired you as our newest valued customer we made the decision not to acquire the @myipplus.net email domain. Since we do not own the rights to your existing email domain, we will be changing over your email to a new Xplornet email domain.
How do I access my old email account?
The transition to a new Xplornet domain took place on June 20, 2019 and from that point onward, your old email domain became obsolete. @myipplus.net email address is no longer an active domain.
What does this mean for you?
- You may continue using your existing @myipplus.net email address as normal until 6:00 AM MST on June 20, 2019. There is no action required on your part at this time.
- We have reserved a new Xplornet email address for you. You will be able to use your existing email password for your new Xplornet email account.
- Your webmail contacts and settings along with any messages that are stored on the email server in your @myipplus.net mailbox as of June 20, 2019 will automatically be moved to your new Xplornet mailbox.
- You can start giving out your new Xplornet email address now, if you choose. Any emails received on your Xplornet email account will automatically be forwarded to your existing @myipplus.net email address until this service is moved to your Xplornet.com or Xplornet.ca mailbox on June 20, 2019.
What will happen on the day of the email service transition?
- At 6:00 AM MST on June 20, 2019, your old email account availability will end, and your new email account may be unavailable briefly while we complete the transition.
After 6:00 AM MST on June 20, you will be able to log in with your new Xplornet email address and current password.
Will my email address change?
Yes. Your existing @myipplus.net email address will be replaced with a new Xplornet email address on June 20, 2019. Your new Xplornet email address was sent to you at your current @myipplus.net email address. If you did not receive your new Xplornet email address, please email us at email@example.com or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001.
What email addresses are impacted?
Your email address(es) that end in @myipplus.net are impacted by this transition.
Will I need to change my email password or will I receive a new one?
No, your email password will not change. You can continue to use your current @myipplus.net email password with your new Xplornet email address after the transition. If you need to reset it, please login to MyXplornet or contact us.
Will I need to do anything prior to or after the upgrade?
If you use one of the following webmail login pages, please use https://mail.xplornet.com/ instead (starting now):
If you use a third party email program or app on your computer, tablet or phone, such as Outlook, Thunderbird or the default Mail app, then you will need to setup your new Xplornet email address using IMAP (POP is not recommended) after June 20, 2019. Email set-up guides for many popular email clients can be found here, as well as a link to the server settings if your email client is not listed there. You will then use this new Xplornet email address for sending and receiving, as you will no longer have access to your @myipplus.net email account at that point.
Please check to ensure that all your necessary messages were moved to your new Xplornet account. Some messages may be stored in your email client only (especially if it connects to your @myipplus.net mailbox using POP) and won’t be on the email server for us to copy over. If you find messages in your email client for your @myipplus.net account that aren’t in your new Xplornet account, and you wish to keep them in your new Xplornet account, here’s what you can do:
- Add your new Xplornet email account to the same email client or app that you use for your @myipplus.net account. Email set-up guides can be found here for many popular clients, as well as a link to the server settings if your client is not listed there.
- Copy or move any missed messages and/or folders that you wish to keep from your @myipplus.net account to your new Xplornet account. Here are instructions to do this for some popular email clients:
Will I be able to log into webmail the same way I do today?
Yes; however, if you use one of the following webmail login pages, please use https://mail.xplornet.com/ instead (starting now):
Will I lose any of the information from my webmail?
No, you will not.
POP3: Why are all my old email messages loading again?
After June 20, 2019, you may see emails that were previously deleted loading again on your third party device. This is because your old email client may have connected via POP and left copies of your deleted emails on the server. When you connect again via IMAP, these messages may re-appear. To remove them, you can close out of your third party email program and log into Xplornet webmail for your new email address to delete the emails there first. Once deleted from the webmail server, these emails should not load into your third party device any longer.
I am paying for additional email addresses. Will there be a change in the cost?
No, there will be no change to the cost of additional email addresses.
Do you have any other questions about the email service transition?
We’re always here to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001.