On January 31, 2018, Xplornet Communications Inc. purchased the fixed wireless Internet access assets of Cable Cable, and welcomed Cable Cable’s fixed wireless business to the Xplornet family! Following the closing of this purchase, Cable Cable provided various transition services until such time as these customers are transitioned to the Xplornet network.
We are pleased to inform you that on April 24, 2018, your Internet services will transition to the fast and reliable Xplornet network. Below is a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) detailing what you can expect throughout this transition.
Looking for something specific? Use the quick links below to jump to that section on this page:
Who is Xplornet?
Headquartered in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Xplornet Communications Inc. is one of Canada’s leading broadband service providers. For over a decade, Xplornet has been providing innovative broadband solutions to rural customers at work, home and play across Canada. Today, Xplornet offers voice and data communication services through its unique wireless and satellite platforms that connect Canadians to what matters. Click here for more information on our services.
When will my services move to the Xplornet network?
Your Internet service will transition to the Xplornet network on April 24, 2018.
Who do I contact with any issues or questions regarding my service?
Up until April 24th, please continue to contact Cable Cable at 1-866-887-6434 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues or questions regarding your service. After April 24th, you can email Xplornet at email@example.com or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001 and we will be happy to help.
Will there be any changes to my Internet plan and fee?
Your current Internet plan and fee will not change. We’ve designed the transition to be as seamless and easy for you as possible.
Will all of my Internet services switch to Xplornet?
The Xplornet network will be providing you with your Internet access services following April 24th.
Where can I find more details about policies on my Internet service?
If my current plan includes unlimited data usage, will I continue to receive unlimited usage?
As part of this transition, there is no change to your service, the plan you subscribe to (speed and data) and the monthly fee you pay today.
Will I need to sign a contract?
There is no need for you to sign a new contract under your current service. As we continue to innovate using the latest technology, we may upgrade and replace older technology, in which case we may provide you with alternate Internet solutions that may require you to sign a contract.
Do I need to replace my equipment?
You can continue to use the same Internet service equipment that you currently have in your home or business. We’ve designed the transition to be as seamless and easy for you as possible. If you choose to switch packages, an equipment upgrade may be required.
Will I be able to upgrade my service with Xplornet?
You will be able to upgrade to other Xplornet services as they become available in your area.
Will my credit or owing balance transfer to Xplornet?
Yes, your balance will seamlessly transfer to Xplornet’s billing systems.
When will Xplornet start to invoice me?
Your last invoice from Cable Cable will depend on when you typically receive your invoice.
- You will receive your last invoice from Cable Cable on April 1st, Xplornet will directly start billing you on May 1st.
Click here for a sample of an Xplornet invoice.
Will my payment information transfer over? Do I need to update my method of payment?
If you currently use the pre-authorized credit option, you can call Xplornet Customer Care at 1-866-841-6001 and we can update your account with your credit card information.
If you currently use the pre-authorized debit option, we will need your up-to-date payment information. Please complete the Xplornet Pre-authorized Debit Form
Please return your form to Xplornet by one of the following ways:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 1-866-510-2232
- Mail to Xplornet Communications Inc., P.O. Box 9060, Woodstock, NB E7M 6B5
If you currently pay via online banking, you will be required to update your online banking information as of April 24, 2018. Please do not send any online banking payments through to Cable Cable after this date.
You will need the following information to make payments via online banking after April 24th, 2018:
- Payee: Xplornet Communications Inc.
- Account ID Number (will appear on your first Xplornet invoice)
For cheque payments after April 24, 2018, please note the new mailing address:
300 Lockhart Mill Road
P.O. Box 9060
Will there be any changes to my billing period?
If you are on monthly billing, there will be no changes to your billing period and dates.
For other billing frequencies (such as quarterly, semi-annual, or annual), your account will be transitioned to monthly billing and charges will begin after your current billing period ends.
If you wish to change your payment day we can easily do that for you by simply emailing us at email@example.com. If you are on a prepaid plan, your account will be transitioned to monthly billing once your prepaid amount is used up.
Will the charges for activities such as moving my service remain the same?
Once we have transitioned your services over to the Xplornet systems, the Xplornet service fees and policies for items will be in effect.
If you have an @i-zoom.net email address provided by Cable Cable, we will be making a change to your email service. Effective Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at 11:00 PM EST, the access to your @i-zoom.net email account(s) will be ending.
But don’t worry! We have a process in place for the transfer of your current email service to Xplornet’s email service. This process will ensure you are able continue to send and receive email messages with no interruptions, and you won’t lose any stored messages. In addition, after your email service has been moved to Xplornet on September 18, 2018, Cable Cable Inc. will forward any content received on your @i-zoom.net email account to your new Xplornet email address for 1 year.
Our Xplornet Customer Care team will be available to support you during this period to ensure the transition is a simple and seamless process.
Why we’re making this change.
Cable Cable owns the @i-zoom.net email domain and server, and they will retain it for their own use after September 18, 2018. As a result we will be transitioning you to Xplornet’s email domain and server.
How do I access my Cable Cable email?
You can continue to access your @i-zoom.net email address through the Cable Cable webmail login page until it is transitioned to Xplornet on September 18, 2018.
What does this mean for you?
- You may continue using your existing @i-zoom.net email address as normal until 11:00 PM EST on September 18, 2018. There is no action required on your part at this time.
- We have reserved an Xplornet email address for you. You will be able to use your existing email password for your new Xplornet email account.
- The Xplornet email address that we have sent you can be given out now if you choose. Any emails received on your Xplornet email account will automatically be forwarded to your existing @i-zoom.net email address until this service is moved to Xplornet on September 18, 2018.
- Any messages that are currently stored in your @i-zoom.net mailbox as of September 18, 2018 as well as your webmail contacts, will automatically be moved to your new Xplornet mailbox.
- After your email service has been moved to Xplornet on September 18, 2018, Cable Cable Inc. will forward any content received on your @i-zoom.net email account to your new Xplornet email address for 1 year.
- After one year (around September 18, 2019), your @i-zoom.net email address will no longer be in service. Emails sent to the @i-zoom.net address will no longer be forwarded to your Xplornet email address.
Xplornet’s email service will provide you with many great features, including:
- A larger mailbox: enjoy more flexibility with 10GB of storage
- A new Webmail interface, which includes features like:
- Contacts and calendar that can be synched to a mobile device
- The ability to change your own password
- Cloud storage for files
- RSS feed
- A reliable and secure email service that Xplornet has been operating for about 10 years
- Your Xplornet email service is fully supported and our Customer Care agents are available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What will happen on the day of the email service transition?
- Freeze Period: Any changes you make to your webmail data and settings (specifically your address book contacts, forwarding settings, signature and vacation notification autoreply) on September 17th and 18th will not be moved to your new Xplornet account. We recommend making any updates to this data and these settings prior to September 17th.
- Maintenance Window: Between 11pm ET on September 18th and 7am ET on September 19th, your old email service availability will end, and your new email service may be unavailablewhile we complete the transition.
After 7am ET on September 19th, you will be able to log in and view any emails that were delivered during the maintenance window. Previously viewed messages and other saved emails or folders will not be lost; however, they may take up to 72 hours to appear in your new mailbox. You will be able to use the new webmail interface to make changes to your webmail data and settings. This new webmail login page is here. Please continue to check your email
Will my email address change?
Yes. Your existing @i-zoom.net email address will be replaced with a new Xplornet email address on September 18, 2018. Your new Xplornet email address was sent to you at your current @i-zoom.net email address. If you did not receive your Xplornet email address, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001.
What email addresses are impacted?
Your email address(es) that end in @i-zoom.net are impacted by this transition.
Will I need to change my email password or will I receive a new one?
No, your email password will not change. You can continue to use your current @i-zoom.net email password with your new Xplornet email address after the transition. If you need it reset, please contact us.
Will I need to do anything prior to or after the upgrade?
If you use webmail in a browser, you will need to use the Xplornet webmail interface and link for your new email address after September 18th. You will be able to access your webmail here, and learn more about the new webmail interface here.
If you use a third party email program or app on your computer, tablet or phone , such as Outlook, Thunderbird or the default Mail app, then you will need to setup your new Xplornet email address using IMAP (POP is not recommended) after September 18th 2018. Email set-up guides for many popular email clients can be found here, as well as a link to the server settings if your email client is not listed there. You will then use this new Xplornet email address for sending and receiving, as you will no longer have access to your @i-zoom.net email account at that point.
You will also want to check to ensure that all your desired messages were moved to your new Xplornet account. Some messages may be stored in your email client only (especially if it connects to your @i-zoom.net mailbox using POP) and weren’t on the Cable Cable email server for us to copy over. If you find messages in your email client for your @i-zoom.net account that aren’t in your new Xplornet account, and you wish to keep them in your Xplornet account, here’s what you can do:
- Add your new Xplornet email address in your email client or app. Email set-up guides can be found here for many popular clients, as well as a link to the server settings if your client is not listed there.
- Copy or move any missed messages and/or folders that you wish to keep from your @i-zoom.net account to your new Xplornet account. Here are instructions to do this for some popular email clients:
Will I be able to log into webmail the same way I do today?
No, there will be a new webmail interface and link. You will be able to access your webmail here, and learn more about the new webmail interface here. Please continue to check your Cable Cable mail as normal here up until September 18, 2018.
Will I lose any of the information from my webmail?
The following features and webmail items will be saved and transferred to your new Xplornet email account:
- Mailbox content (messages and folders)
- Webmail Address book contacts
- Webmail Signature
- Mail Forwarding Address and settings
- Vacation notification autoreply message and setting (on or off)
POP3: Why are all my old email messages loading in again?
After September 18th 2018, if you are seeing some or all of your old email messages that you had previously deleted loading in again, it is because they were present on the Cable Cable email/webmail server. It is possible that your email client connected via POP and was set to leave a copy on the server. We recommend allowing time for these emails to load, or alternatively, you can close out of your third party email program and log into your new webmail service to delete the emails there first. Once deleted from the webmail server, they should not load into your third party device any longer.
I am paying for additional email addresses. Will there be a change in the cost?
No, there will be no change to the cost of additional email addresses.
Do you have any other questions about the email service transition?
We’re always here to help. Please email us at email@example.com or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001.
What can I expect in regards to customer service and support after the transition to Xplornet?
Xplornet offers 24/7 bilingual customer support across three call centers across Canada and is committed to providing superior customer support and service.
Will there be any changes to my service currently provided by fixed wireless towers?
As part of this transition, there is no change to your service. We’ve designed the transition to be as seamless and easy for you as possible. In addition, Xplornet continues to make improvements to our network (including the rollout of LTE service) so that we can deliver more data, at faster speeds, to our valued customers in rural Ontario.
Do you have any other questions?
We’re always here to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us anytime, 24/7 at 1-866-841-6001.
What you’ll find here
Information about the transition of fixed wireless Internet subscribers from Cable Cable to Xplornet