The Xplornet Home Phone is a new way to keep you connected to what matters. Follow these steps to set-up your Xplornet Hub and connect your Xplornet Home Phone.
During this process we’ll disconnect your internet, so we suggest that you watch this video to the end first. You can also keep a copy of the text set-up guide below on hand, or use PDF guide.
- In this video, we’re going to connect your wireless router and home phone to the Xplornet Hub. If you don’t use a router, you’ll connect your computer and modem to the Xplornet Hub instead.Here’s what comes in the box with your Xplornet Hub:
- The Xplornet Hub unit
- A Power cable
- 2 yellow network cables
- 1 grey cable
- CONNECTING TO THE XPLORNET MODEM
- To get started, if you use a router, disconnect that from the modem. If you don’t use a router, disconnect your laptop or computer from the modem.
- Your modem will look like either a brick-shaped power adapter or an upright book. Here is what the 4G Satellite and LTE modems look like. Your modem could look slightly different depending on which type of Xplornet Internet connection you have.
- Using one of the yellow cables, plug one end into the LAN port on the modem and the other into the WAN port on the Xplornet Hub.
- For LTE service, it will be a black cable coming directly from the modem.
- The Xplornet Hub should be the only device directly connected to your modem.
- CONNECTING TO YOUR EXISTING WIFI ROUTER OR COMPUTER
- Then take the other yellow cable and plug one end into one of the four LAN ports on the Xplornet Hub.
- If you are using Wifi, or Wireless Internet then connect the other end to the WAN port on your Wireless Router.
- If not using Wireless, connect it directly to your laptop or desktop computer.
- CONNECTING TO YOUR TELEPHONE
- Next, connect the Hub to your telephone using the gray cable.
- Plug one end of the gray cable to the Hub Phone port and the other end into your telephone.
- For cordless phones, plug the cable into the base station.
- Xplornet Home Phone is a service that works through your Xplornet Internet connection, not through your standard landline so do not plug it into your phone outlet.
- CONNECTING THE POWER SUPPLY
- Plug the Xplornet Hub Power Adapter into the power jack on the back of the modem and then plug the other end into a standard electrical outlet.
- To power on the device, press the Power button on the back of the Xplornet Hub.
- When the Power, WAN and Internet indicators are ON, you can access the Internet and activate your new Xplornet Home Phone service.
- ACTIVATE YOUR XPLORNET HOME PHONE SERVICE
- Login to the Xplornet Customer Activity Centre and enter user name and password once your language preference is selected. If you need assistance, be sure to follow our Xplornet Home Phone activation guide.
- When the Phone indicator is ON, that means your Xplornet Home Phone service has been successfully activated and you can now make and receive calls.
Thank you for watching this video; we hope you found it helpful.
If you are experiencing any problems with your Xplornet Home Phone Service, please call Xplornet Support at this number: 1-866-841-6001.
What you’ll find here
This video will explain how to connect your Xplornet Home Phone service.