In the next few weeks, we will begin to use a new email address when we send you emails from Xplornet, as we enhance our technology to provide you with a better overall experience.
To ensure you receive all of your important account information, newsletters and offers from Xplornet, please add this email address to your address book or safe senders list: email@example.com. You may also continue to receive emails from firstname.lastname@example.org as we transition to our new technology.
If you are not sure how to add this email to your address book or safe senders list, please follow the instructions for your preferred email application or provider.
- Open the email from Xplornet and left-click on the icon with the + sign next to our name. When you hover over this icon, you should see the help text Add to address book
- Once you click this icon, you should see the following confirmation in the bottom right hand corner: Contact added successfully to address book
- Alternately, you can click on Address Book in the top navigation menu.
- Choose the group Contacts
- Click the blue and grey + icon at the bottom of the Contacts pane.
- Enter Xplornet in the First Name
- Enter the email address email@example.com in the Email
- Click Saveat the bottom of this window to add this email address to your Contacts.
Hotmail / Live / Outlook.com
- After opening an email message, an alert message should display with Parts of this message have been blocked for your safety. Beneath this, click the link that says I trust firstname.lastname@example.org. Always show content.
- Drag-and-drop the email message from the Promotions tab to the Primary
- A message will appear saying This conversation has been moved to Primary. Do this for all future messages from email@example.com? Select Yes.
- Alternatively, you can open an email from us, click Show images and then Always show images from Xplornet.
- When opening an email message, a +symbol should display next to From: Xplornet. Click the +
- The Add to contacts pop-up should appear. Select Save.
- Open your email message and click on our name or email address.
- Click Add to address book in the window that appears, and enter any additional info.
- Click Save.
- Open the email and right-click our email address.
- Click Add to Outlook contacts in the short-cut menu.
- Click Save and close.
- In an open email message, right-click the name next to From: in the message header, then select Add to contacts.
- In the Contact dialog box, enter as much detail as you want, then click Save and close.
- Open the email and control-left click on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select Open in address book and verify our contact details.
Mozilla Thunderbird w/ SpamPal
Adding to the address book – also called “whitelisting” – can be done in four ways:
- Use the POP3 automatic whitelist: This will whitelist any non-spam emails that you receive on a frequent basis.
- Use the SMTP automatic whitelist: This (if configured in version 3.3) will whitelist all email addresses to which you send email.
- Use the Add to whitelist option on SpamPal’s system tray: To manually whitelist your email addresses by typing in an address or by choosing from a dropdown box of recently-received addresses.
- Use the SpamPal Whitelist email addresses page to manually whitelist your email addresses.
Outlook Express (6+) / Outlook (2000)
- Open the email and left-click the sender icon or right-click our name.
- Click Add to contacts.
- Click Save and close.
What you’ll find here
How to whitelist Xplornet’s email address in your webmail or third party email program.